Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bent wheel and Dairy Queen

DH will likely be furious with me for sharing this but it's rather funny (to me at least).

For those in the area you know this past Saturday was cold, snowy and a little slick. Anyway, DH and went to mass like good little Catholics. On the way home we decided to pop into the DQ near our house for dinner, we still needed to wash the dogs before we headed to Helena on Sunday and didn't really want the clean-up or leftovers from making dinner since we weren't going to be home for a few days.

DH slightly looses control of his car as we're pulling into DQ and collides with the curb. We park, inspect the vehicle and see everything looks okay. I was concerned he popped his tire. We proceed into DQ, we stand at the register for about 5 minutes while we see a group of teens in the back joking, drinking soda (or whatever), occasionally looking at us but not actually helping us. We considered leaving at that point...we should have. Finally we place our order, I get a burger, DH orders a chicken sandwich. It was a bit before we actually get our meal but at last we do.

DH takes his first bite and I immediately see the terror in his eyes, he hands me his sandwich and mumbles with a mouth full 'does this look right', I take is sandwich and break it open to find a nearly completely raw piece of chicken!! I'm not kidding!! I was so awful! DH spits out his bite and we let the clerks know, he gets his $$$ back since he's completely lost his appetite. We head home a little flabbergasted.

The next day we get on the road heading to Helena. As soon as DH hits 60 MPH his car starts to totally shimmy and shake! It's a little scary although we figure it's from the collision with the curb and it's probably just his alignment. We got off the highway at the next exit to try and find a place to have his alignment fixed...good luck! Nothing is open on Sunday's. We proceed to Helena.

We decide we'll drop the car off Monday morning before we have to be at the church to have his alignment fixed. During class we get a call from the shop that says his alignment is fine but instead DH BENT THE WHEEL!! I can't believe he hit the curb hard enough to bend his wheel but not pop a tire or foul up his alignment. The shop moved the wheel to the back to lessen the shake, DH has to get a entire new wheel.

Moral of the (very long) story...DON'T EAT AT DQ!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I always new I was in love with your story telling, but I absoulutely laughed out loud (at work no less) with this story and your choice of moral to it!! You are too funny. I'm so happy to read about you since we haven't been able to catch up lately...and we live right down the street from each other!! Call me or email so we can catch up! Don't make me resort to riding the bus! Rita