Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Settled

Just got settled back into my desk, partly because I've been away for two weeks but also because I just got remodeled. Not remodeled really, but rearranged. I'm having to re-learn where everything is and which direction to look for it - is left?- is it right? I don't know! The purpose is to get me out of the freezing draft that comes from the door I sit near. So far so good.

Since our return we've had all sorts of weather, snow, rain, ice, grey blah blah blah. DH and I have been working every day to chip away at the accumulation of ice on our sidewalk, patio and driveway. Finally found some ice melt at the Ace Hardware this morning.

DH and I spend New Years Eve, day and the 2nd with our friend Sandra. Below are pics of the festivities. We had a blast! It was so nice to be around friends and in our old stomping ground, eating, seeing and smelling (don't you just love the smell of cows?) all those things we miss.


The Party Group!

Our 6th New Year!

Our dear OLD friend Larry


We apparently didn't get enough drinking and playing games New Years Eve 'cause that's what we did on the 1st too!

DH and his Mexican Train harem


The Girls - Michaela, Sandra and ME

One our way to SF...

I don't know if I'll get pics of our SF stay. I didn't bring my camera out with us, some were taken with cell phones but waiting to see if our host and hostess James and Allison will be able to get them emailed to me. We spent Friday night in SF/Alameda. Again, we had a blast! Allison treated us to a lovely Mexican meal - I love and terribly miss good Mexican food. We then did a little bar hopping while pondering and deeply discussing the efficacy of drinking a glass of water per alcoholic drink. I think we did well, woke Saturday morning tired but feeling pretty good. Then we were off to snow country...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you guys, and we loved having you here!! xoxox