Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Project!

Thank goodness I love projects!!! Last weekend Mom and I did a little yard sale shopping in my neighborhood. We found this great wood patio set...it included what you see, cushions and an umbrella! It was a great deal and it needed work which was a plus for me!

Before
In process

The painting
The green (kind of a sea foam green-this picture doesn't do it justice) is the finished product. I'm very happy with the color, DH is a little skeptical...try explaining 'romantic' or 'whimsical' as a definition of the color to a man. Good Luck!
All in all it was a very involved project. I glued, clamped, tightened, puttied, sanded, primed (twice) and painted! Awwww!!
I was hoping the green I selected would contrast with the cushion but it really clashes...I have created another project for me - cushion covers!! No way will I sew a new umbrella so it will just have to clash.
We now have more furniture than patio but I feel we will get a lot of use out of it for years to come. Will post more pictures when our dog infested back yard becomes and eating oasis.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Good god, woman! You were a work-a-holic this weekend!!!! It looks amazing - can't wait to see it in person.

Julie said...

That looks great! You are so crafty.