Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1st HS DONE!!

OMG!! My head is pounding!!! The residual effects of adrenaline are almost debilitating! (notice how I'm illustrating my excitement with exclamation marks!!! )
Our meeting was great! Betsy was very welcoming, we covered a lot of points. Betsy feels we are sitting pretty as far as our restrictions/limitation/parameters/expectations etc. She thinks we may be the only one or one of only two couples who are in the pool (which we are not yet-but will be soon) who don't have any children. Families without children tend to be placed more quickly. She anticipates we will be in the pool my mid April!!! Ahead of the schedule I put on us.
Our next meeting is a week from Thursday, we'll discuss more about adoption and parenting.
Our third meeting will be a week from Friday, the day after our second meeting, we'll discuss our childhood/autobiography's we wrote - interview separately and do the home inspection!
For the love...this is surreal! When we started this process it seemed like it would be an eternity before we got to this stage - now we're here and realistically we could be placed at any time (I'm telling myself to be prepared for a wait). It has happened where a placement occurs B4 the homestudy is complete.
Bottom like we have to be ready for ANYTHING at this point.

also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. CROTZER!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeek, Jenn I am so excited for you..........You're going to be a mommy soon, that is AWESOME.

Hillary said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited, thrilled, beside-myself-with-joy, ecstatic, overjoyed, verklempt, twitterpated for you guys! I can't wait to help out with your new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Because, really? I wouldn't have made it to E's 7th month without you!)