Wednesday, August 19, 2009

These certainly are not the


















best pictures of us but I want to have a record of what we looked like.

Monday my horoscope said something along the lines: "today you will learn the world does not revolve around you"

I didn't think much about it however I soon did learn that my world now revolves around the anticipation of the arrival of our son and his birth family.

Monday we (I) got a call in the morning around 10:30 AM. It was the social worker out of Billings asking if it was okay that we were presented to a family. The information I was given about the situation was not unusual so I felt it a little odd she was getting permission. Usually they only call if the situation is very “out of the box”…we had previously defined our box. I told her to go ahead and present us unless she heard back from me, I needed to call Mike. I called Mike and naturally he said absolutely. I didn’t call the SW back as discussed. She called me back about an hour later to get a “verbal confirmation” that we wanted to be presented. Yes!! I said. She said she would call me back either way. I got a call back around 1:30-2:00 PM that we were selected. I was in happy shock! I kind of cried, was speechless, I really don’t remember. I immediately called Mike and told him… he was also in happy shock. I think we still are a little bit.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we were selected prior to the first call from the SW but she just wanted to make sure we were game before she told the birth family. We are traveling on Sunday to Billings, we will be meeting the birth families and making our hospital plan on Monday.

This is what I know about the families. For now I’ll leave names out –
Birth Mother is very young, she just turned 15 on Sunday. She has an older sister who is 18. She lives with her parents who are 100% committed to the adoption plan. They are German, Irish, Norwegian and Swedish decent. BM’s interests are animals and hanging with friends. Her favorite subjects are Art & English, she plays volleyball. She is olive skinned. She is very healthy and has been under the care of a doctor for the entire pregnancy. She will be going back to school when it starts shortly. They have been working with Catholic Social Services for 4 months.

Birth Father is young too. He’s 17. His interests are sports and cars. He’s ‘big boned’ and of Irish, Norwegian and German decent. His sister is very involved in the adoption plan, she is married with children of her own. His mother is a nurse. We don’t have much information on his father.

He’s due October 17th

Statistically 20% of matches don’t end in placement. We’re keeping ourselves a little guarded but are enjoying this time very much. The SW feels the BM is committed to her adoption plan.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this to you, but just in case: WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! The Oggs are so excited for you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your exciting news MADE MY DAY...
I am sooo happy for you guys!
P.S. I like your new background; thanks for tuning me to new options!

Deborah said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I know its not a done deal yet, so I will think good thoughts in your direction. When is baby due?

Deborah said...

Never mind, just reread and found due date. Duh. Blame it on over caffeination.