Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dinner #3 Chicken Posole

Score 3.25

So disappointing. Doesn't it look deelish? I've never cooked with Hominy - that wasn't the problem...it was almost to tomatoey (is that a word?) and you know how much I love tomatoes! We added tortilla chips and cheese which helped. Prep was so so so easy as was clean-up.
Word is Birth Mom is still having contractions. I haven't heard from her today but spoke with the SW this morning - thought she was going to call me this afternoon with an update but haven't heard. Maybe nothing to update?

I'm having the hardest time with little boy clothing. I found the cutest corduroy hat today - the type with the ear-flaps and the bill kind of snaps up on the front. Not sure of the style name sort of Fargo-ish minus the fur...anyway, it had a stupid patch on the front of it that said "Don't Feed the Bears". Really is that necessary? I looked to see if there was a way remove or cover it up but I don't think it was stitched on but glued or something else. Geesh!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Too bad the dinner was a dud. At least you're organized and have a plan for each night...that takes the stress out of cooking!