Monday, September 14, 2009

Real Simple

Your Guide to a Month of Easy Dinners - DH and I are following the menu as laid out. The article provides the shopping list and the menu for 5 dinners a week for 4 weeks. Shop once, eat all week, no thinking, no planning, no worrying! That's my kind of week.

Dinner #1 - Tilapia With Peppers and Olives
Score - 7.5, in our scoring we taking into account taste and ease of preparation (and clean-up)


The prep

My presentation which is not nearly as nice....
As the Real Simple version. Maybe I need to get some white plates?


Plus it's difficult to find a nice fillet of any kind of fish in this dry state. I had to use more small pieces.

This joyous meal is out shadowed by the sadness I feel from the passing of the man who played Johnny in Dirty Dancing.

R.I.P. Patrick aka Johnny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A VERY SAD DAY IN THE ACTING WORLD

ANNA

Julie said...

Looks like the first meal turned out well!

Stephanie said...

I love that you are making the Real Simple meals! I was also inspired by them and planned our weekly meals around that article. Well, loosely I should say. :) Can't wait to read more...