Monday, May 14, 2012

We're growing!!

I'm sure by now most of you know of the changes occurring in our family. For those that don't, I'm sorry for not personally (or remotely through family and friends) letting you know.

We have welcomed baby Isaac into our family! What a great Mother's day gift right??? We've been on cloud 9.

A little disclaimer - this process has been much different than that with Noah so we have a few more rules to follow (for the time being). As of now I can't post pictures of Isaac on public sights, I'm trying to figure out how to password protect my blog or just the Isaac posts so until the time I figure it out... if you want to see the sweet pea email me or comment that you want picture(s) - if you don't think I have your email address please provide that as well.

First a picture of BIG brother helping make a happy cake to welcome Isaac home. It's amazing how the baby disappeared from Noah faster than Daddy does when he has a dirty diaper. Noah has morphed into a big boy over night (still not using the big boy potty though). Noah loves helping and giving hugs and kisses and even sometime scarring Isaac wide eyed with his volume and excitement.

Now to Isaac - (I'm not sure what I can and can't post so I'm going to keep this fairly vague)
Issac is 10 weeks old today
Issac weighs 12 pounds (based on my measure yesterday)
Issac is amazingly sleeping 7+ hours a night (lucky us)
Issac is eating like a champ - 4 oz every 3 hours...you could set your clock to it!

How he came to be:
We first learned of Isaac about 40 days ago, just a little teaser about him. Then about a week after that we learned a little more and a week after that a little more and week after that we got to meet him! Isaac has been living in the most amazing home - calm, loving, warm, charming, tranquil, the best place for a baby to start his life. We have visited Isaac a few time before the "transition" home started last Wednesday. Noah got to meet and visit with him a couple times too.
This past Wednesday that transition started - I spent a few days visiting him in his home allowing him time to get used to me and to understand that I'm there for him and will give him everything he needs. He was delivered to us by his Foster Mom & Dad on Saturday. They visited a few time in Isaac's new home to assure him he is loved and not abandoned.

There you have it! We are a family of 4 + 2 fur babies and loving it!  

6 comments:

anna said...

Congratulations. What a wonderful family Isaac was welcomed into. We as a family are so blessed God found a way to make a not so good thing become an absolute blessing Finding Noah such a great, loving family. Now Isaac gets the same wonderful blessing. Can't wait to see pics & meet the new little guy

All of our love from Montana. As always hugs, love, & kisses to the little monkey Noah.

a

Anonymous said...

You two are the most amazing parents to take and love unconditionally two little boys that need a mom and dad. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Isaac. This may spur Noah into potty training because he's the big brother now.

michelle said...

You two are the most amazing parents. You are angels from above. Thanks for sharing all the new info with us. Keep us updated with all the new pics when you can. Miss you guys.

Love Michelle

Amber said...

This is so awesome! Very happy for your family. Hugs from WISCONSIN!!!!

Tanya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! All of us PFG ladies are dying to see pics. So happy for you guys!

Hillary said...

YAYYYY! I know I said it in the other post, but I'm all goose-bumpy and excited for you guys...so it's all I can come up with. Love to you all - isn't it amazing how big our first gets the day you bring home the new baby?!?!?
Love, love, love to you all!