Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Clergy Reference

We meet with Father Perry today! I will be happy to put this last reference to bed. We followed-up Monday with our outstanding references. They promptly called the CSSM office and spoke with the director and got their paperwork in. I guess the death threats I left on their voice mails worked. Just kidding! I think the holiday just had everyone off a little. We are thankful to each of them for being part of this process and appreciate the efforts they made to get their paperwork in.

Our parish is doing this capital campaign 'Honoring the Past, Building the Future' (something like that), the plan is to make the parish more accessible and usable, anyway we received our canned thank you letter in the mail yesterday with a handwritten note from Fr. Perry mentioning he's looking forward to our meeting and wishing us well on our adoption journey. He has lovely penmanship and I really appreciated the personal note.

Wish us luck - I'll report back about the meeting.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I so love that you comment on your priest's penmanship. It's an important detail!!!!!!! I'm sending all kinds of good-clergy-reference thoughts your way!!!