Monday, December 1, 2008

Steps #5 & #6 nearly complete

This is how I see the steps of our adoption process:
#1. Contact agency, have a short phone interview and request pre application questionnaire
#2. Complete and submit the pre application questionnaire
#3 Get official application
#3. Complete and submit the official application with all supporting paperwork
#4. Agency sends out reference paperwork on our behalf
#5. Agency receives all reference paperwork and application supporting paperwork back
#6. Agency 'approves' application and invites us to two day workshop
#7. Attend workshop
****Below is based on what I've read****
#8. Get approved for the Home Study
#9. #1 Homestudy meeting
#10. #2 Homestudy meeting
#11. #3 Homestudy meeting
#12. #4 Homestudy meeting
#13. Pass Homestudy
#14. Complete 'Dear Expectant Birth Mother' letter and family album
#15. Be officially approved and put on the waiting list for adoption
#16. Be chosen by a Birth Mother
#17. Bring baby home
#18. Love baby
#19. Legally become a family with child
#20. Live happily ever after

I say steps #5 & #6 are nearly complete because the agency hasn't received ALL the paperwork back but has received enough to tell me over the phone today that our application passes muster and we will be getting an official invitation in the mail for the workshop on 01/26-27!!! Yippee!!!

I just called DH to tell him and I could hear the smile in his voice. He just kept saying "Really? Really?" and then rambled on and on about how he's going to get out of the first two days of school in order to attend.

OMG!!! This is so exciting!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hillary said...

I know I said it earlier, but I can't WAIT for you guys!!!!!!!!!! It just gives me goose bumps and makes me all teary-eyed. You are great parents, just waiting to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

So exciting to hear the news....it will be here before you know it!