Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday Y'all

I spent the majority of yesterday in classes. The first eight hours were in a Commercial Casualty class which left me feeling horrified of all the potential exposures of all my clients and anyone really who has a business and a life...yikes!
The last three hours of a day were spend in an American Heart Association Heart Saver CPR class which left me feeling confident that I could make a solid attempt to save someone in need of CPR or choking assistance. It also left me with a desire to provide an AED (portable defibrillator) to everyone I know...too bad they cost $3,000.
It seems the more you know the more you realized you're lacking.
Am thankful it's the weekend. DH works this weekend (again) so I'll be prepping for my jaunt to Portland and just fiddling around the house (bet you didn't know I knew how to fiddle - ha). Things are supposed to warm up, comparatively speaking to the sub zero temps we had earlier in the week.


------New subject....ADOPTION (surprise surprise)------

For those who would like a better idea of what it's like to go through the adoption process please feel free to check out this adoption board I follow (link below). Most of the people who post are in the midst of the process, occasionally adopted children and birth parents post their stories as well. It's a great place to share the struggles and successes of the process.
http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236700/ShowForum.aspx

Some of the folks who post really struggle with the process. I think DH and I are of the of the rare breed who are thrilled to be in the process and embrace the trials and tribulations of it. We at times will become frustrated with slowness of the paper craw but are of the mind set that what will be will be.

No comments: