Monday, April 27, 2009

Lucky finds at the U of M

Went to the U of M "Worlds Largest Yard Sale" Saturday - totally not (the worlds largest or best) but found a couple of steals!

Found my rocker/glider for $5 - and no I'm not missing a zero - just $5. It was worn and tired but well worth $5 plus the cost of the material to make the slip cover.




I don't think the picture does it justice. It's casual and totally schlumpy - just my style. Reminds me of the covers from IKEA or PB (although my craftsmanship is not near that quality). Plus it's completely washable! I wanted a creamy colored cord, I guess it's not the season for that so I went with white denim - who ever thought I would ever buy that much white denim!?!?!

BEFORE!!!Can we say heinous??



In case you missed it above; I said a *couple of steal(S)*....

I found this REI pack for $20!! No joke...not his exact pack ours is orange and grey.

Just missing the baby!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so creative, show me your ways. Have sewing machine will travel.

Julie said...

Love it....you are so crafty!