Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A little broken hearted

I think this is the first time in our adoption journey that I have just broken down and cried.

It will be 5 weeks Friday since our last meeting with our SW. She said she would have our Profiles done within a few weeks. We've been in contact on a fairly regular basis (weekly). Today I emailed her to let her know we have our Life Insurance policies in place; she responded 'Thank you"; I then emailed her back requesting status...her response:

"you can, but you won't like it! "

Bottom line is she has a more pressing issue. I agree that it is more pressing and I would hate to be the family that is in the situation she is dealing with. My heart goes out to them but it also breaks for us because we are just left with our anxiety, stress and fear on the back burner. I just wonder what she has been doing for the past almost 5 weeks and really why can't she spend a few hours and get our Profile done?

This is not a situation where we can call a supervisor and ask for someone else. It seems the situation she's dealing with must be dealt with by her and our Profile really can't be written by anyone else since she's the one who met with us - our Profile is her summary of our meetings combined with all the paperwork we were so diligent in doing.

I know it's a little selfish of me to be so upset but the anticipation of becoming 'live/active' has been building for over 6 months. I don't how else to deal with my emotions other than writing about them her and just crying.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh girly - I am so sorry. I think you are totally justified in your sadness...I will give you a big hug tomorrow at lunch!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, my dear, hang in there. Its a lot like the feelings you get those last few weeks of any preganacy. Will this ever end, when will I get to see my little one, when when when....God has a plan for you and the right baby for you. I Know it is different because your destiny is in someone elses hands, but it will get there. Promise.....was great seeing you yesterday.