Thursday, September 10, 2009

Noah's Ark

I've just purchased what I consider to be my first really baby themed item. When I say themed, I'm talking Pooh, Disney etc. - I found the cutest little Noah's Ark mobile. I don't want to get theme driven but it was just so darn cute!

To those who have our hearts in mind and are concerned with the pain we will encounter should this match end with BM parenting: We have tried to remain guarded and protected but honestly it's not possible. We are not machines, we are people who are in love with a child that is not yet ours. If there is a family who has successfully gone through this process without falling in love...I pity them. This is an amazing journey and if we didn't let ourselves get swept ways we would be doing ourselves a disservice. I think just like any parent who is expecting, we won't let ourselves fully breath until our child it out and breathing and screaming and has truly arrived.

We don't feel the birth family would allow us to get this involved if they had doubt we weren't the family for this child. I don't think they would be open, honest and welcoming if they didn't feel in their hearts that they are giving the best gift to us but not losing him.

With adoption there is great joy and there is also great pain. Without both the journey would not be as special and it would not join together two (or more) families that want nothing but the best future, life and love for a child.

As I've said before...we are an open book. Please feel free to ask questions.

No comments: